Friday, May 14, 2010

They may have lifted the Fire Ban but NOT the Littering laws!

I'm sure those residing in cottage country can judge by the recent weather that all fire bans within the central Ontario area have been lifted. So, feel free to responsibly torch away! For those coming up, over or down to this little piece of paradise you've now been enlightened ;)

Firewood will be wet, if it was left uncovered, which is when people tend to get creative with their fire starting skills. What ever do I mean? Well my friend, I'm talking about gasoline or any flammable product. It's dangerous, so please don't do it, talk your buddies out of it too! With the winds kicking up the way they do makes this form of entertainment/firestarting doubly dangerous!!

Check out these 'Redneck's Playing with Fire' and you'll see what I mean...



...and for each and every person that touches the ground when they walk (not just visitors), please don't forget to take your garbage with when you leave paradise! Stashing your junk on some sideroad doesn't count either!! I know garbage is gross and it's much easier to leave it for someone else but seriously, tsk tsk... Yes, I understand there aren't always garbage receptacles nearby so bring an extra bag already, it's not rocket science. Smokers too, just because ciggie butts are small doesn't mean it's okay. I'm not one to scold (well, yes I am ;) but I'm just trying to make a point.

Ontario Ministry of Environment
To Report A Spill, Odour Or Noise Pollution
1-866-MOE-TIPS (1-866-663-8477)

Fire Prevention Website Links

No comments: